Don’t Panic if Your AC Stops Working
If your air conditioning system stops working in the middle of the summer, tempers flare and the tendency is to start panicking. Nobody likes to be stuck in a hot house during the hottest parts of the summer and having a reliable AC system is priceless.
Should your system stop working, we have an interactive troubleshooting guide that just might save the day. Check out our page to help you if your air conditioning stops running or doesn’t seem to be cooling your home.
Here are some tips from our troubleshooting guide:
- Make sure your thermostat setting is in the “air conditioning” or “cool” position. Fan should be in the Auto position.
- Make sure the temperature is set at least 5 degrees below the room temperature.
- Check your circuit breakers to make sure they are on. They can be marked “condenser,” “outdoor unit,” “air handler,” or “indoor unit.”
- Check the power switches on both your outdoor unit and indoor unit.
- Check all vents and registers to make sure they are open and free of obstacles.
- Finally, turn off all switches, check your air filter, and make sure it is clean. Replace if needed.
If your AC still doesn’t run, call us at 845-351-4700 for service.