The Real Reasons for Automatic Heating Oil Delivery
The cold seasons in northeastern Pennsylvania, southern New York, and North Jersey ensure that you and your family will need a considerable amount of heating oil in order to remain comfortable all throughout the winter. Even more than that, you need a reliable supply. That’s where SOS Xtreme Comfort comes in. We’ll give you the real reasons for automatic heating oil delivery to help you stay equipped with all you need and ensure you never have to stress about having enough.
We know that blizzard conditions and extended storms can often leave you without a way to get oil. By enjoying our automatic heating oil delivery and monitoring, you’ll never have to get stuck in a situation like that.
Benefits of Automatic Heating Oil Delivery in NY, NJ & PA
- No worries – Be honest, you’re busy during the winter months. Between the holidays, work, family, school events and birthdays, you could easily forget when your next heating oil delivery should be. Let SOS help ease your hectic life with Automatic Deliveries.
- Never Run Out – SOS uses the latest technology to calculate your fuel usage history plus day-to-day temperature fluctuations to ensure you never get caught in the cold.
- No need to monitor yourself – Watching your tank level is about as much fun as watching paint dry. For those with underground tanks, “sticking” the tank in the middle of February under a few feet of snow is something you can do without.
- No false readings – Typical gauges can fail without notice and become stuck and give you incorrect readings. Don’t fall victim to a bad gauge and be left feeling the chill.
- It’s easy – Sign up by calling 570-618-8055 for our Milford, PA office or 845-351-4700 for Tuxedo Park, NY and talk to one of our helpful Customer Service Specialist or go to http://www.sosxtremecomfort.com/application-form/ to start creating an account.
Commonly Asked Questions About Automatic Heating Oil Delivery:
Q: Won’t I burn through more heating oil if I have automatic delivery?
A: No. While this is a common misconception about automatic delivery, you really won’t use more oil. After all, we can replace only what you’ve already used. If you haven’t used it, we can’t replace it!
Q: Do you make your home heating oil delivery appointments on days when prices are highest?
A: Absolutely not! First of all, if we were in business to take advantage of our customers, we would have been out of business years ago. Also, daily changes in wholesale prices would make that chaotic and impractical for us, with all the rescheduling and juggling of delivery routes that would require. Finally, any supplier who played that game would constantly risk their customers running out of fuel – and that is what we are trying to prevent!
Q: How does SOS know when I need another heating oil delivery?
A: We use a computerized tracking system that knows your fuel-use history and calculates day-to-day temperatures in what is called “degree days”. Based on this information, the system alerts us when your tank is approximately one-quarter full, and that is when we schedule your delivery.
Q: Why can’t I just watch my tank myself?
A: You can, but there are at least three reasons why you will probably prefer automatic delivery for such an important home comfort task:
- If your tank gauge is faulty, you could get a false reading. (A new gauge costs about $50, and should be replaced if it can no longer provide an accurate reading.)
- If you have an older underground tank, you’ll have to keep “sticking” the tank (inserting a long stick into it) to get a reading. Not fun during a February blizzard!
- A sudden cold snap will cause you to use more fuel than you’ll realize. Before you know it, you could have an empty tank and a very, very cold home.