Ahead to the Future: How Will Home Comfort Evolve
Improvements and innovations will continue in the home comfort industry! Here’s what we think will be among the hottest trends.
- Home Performance services will continue to rise in demand because homeowners want to make their homes as energy efficient as possible. (Making recommended improvements after a home performance audit saves the average homeowner 30 % on annual energy costs.)
- The emphasis on “green design” will continue with a strong focus on indoor air quality throughout the design and construction of new homes. This includes a technique known as demand controlled ventilation, which reduces energy consumption while maintaining proper indoor air quality.
- Mobile wireless programmable thermostats will become a common feature in homes. Many homeowners are already using their smartphones to program their thermostat when they’re away from home.
- What’s old is new again! Thousands of years after the Romans used geothermal energy to produce heat and hot baths, more homeowners are installing energy-saving, earth-friendly geothermal heat pumps.
- Integrated controls—combining heating, cooling and indoor air quality with electronic air filters and zoning—will be another common feature in the home of the future.