Let’s face it: There’s never a good time for your air conditioner to quit working. That’s why the team at SOS Xtreme Comfort is here to help restore your home’s cooling as quickly as possible. We offer the attention to detail and technical knowledge needed to get your system running at full capacity again — the first time, not the third or fourth.
Our service teams have been offering fast, reliable AC repair to clients in northeastern Pennsylvania, southern New York, and North Jersey for decades. When you choose us, you’ll benefit from:
- Professionalism. We act with integrity, reliability, and responsibility, and we use good judgment to provide quality service. We take pride in what we do to achieve success.
- Punctuality. Managing your time to meet the commitments of your team or yourself. Always striving to be on time and consideration of others’ time.
- Excellence. Ensure the customer has the best experience possible. We strive to surpass expectations and WOW the customer.
- Education. Education shall be offered to all employees on an ongoing and regular basis. Its purpose is learning and developing knowledge, sound reasoning, judgment, and skills necessary to perform the tasks and to be personally fulfilled.
AC Repair in New York, New Jersey & Pennsylvania
When you need air conditioner repair, the last thing you want to waste time on is fumbling around for an HVAC expert you can trust. You need swift, decisive AC repair from experts who know how to get the job done right.
The SOS Xtreme Comfort team uses a combination of powerful diagnostic tools and our extensive training to provide repair services that are prompt and accurate.
Some of our most common AC repairs in Orange County and Sussex County include:
- Frozen AC compressor coils
- Damaged AC fan blades
- Faulty AC electrical connections
- AC refrigerant leaks
- AC constantly running
- Strange AC smells and noises
- AC won’t get cool
- Broken AC blower motor
- Faulty thermostat
Common Signs You Need AC Repair
Not sure you need our services? Even if the problem seems minor now, any of these can grow into a much bigger — and more expensive — problem over time:
- The system isn’t blowing or is blowing warm air
- A frozen evaporator coil
- Lots of drainage or dripping
- Thermostat is unreliable
- Unit turns on and off constantly
- Air quality is worse
- Strange sounds or smells emanating from your AC
- Power bills are going up for no reason
Any of these sound familiar? Request AC repair service today by calling us or by contacting us online.
Our Service Areas
We proudly serve:
- Allendale, NJ
- Tenafly, NJ
- Pompton Lakes, NJ
- Sussex, NJ
- Vernon, NJ
- Tappan, NY
- New Paltz, NY
- High Falls, NY
- Milford, PA
- Hawley, PA
- And more!
Prevent Costly AC Repairs with Routine Maintenance
Home comfort systems are necessary, but they aren’t investments you want to make all the time. Ideally, you want your equipment to last as long as possible, and for the duration of its service life, you would rather it be as reliable and efficient as possible. To meet these goals, maintenance is absolutely key, and the team at SOS Xtreme Comfort can provide just that.
We can handle and tune all models, brands, and cooling systems — whether we’re talking about an antique AC or something on the cutting edge. And to make getting the quality service you deserve even easier, we also offer Savings Plans for preferred clients. Members receive exclusive privileges as well as discounts, priority service, and more.
For expert HVAC maintenance services, contact SOS Xtreme Comfort today!
What if Repairs Aren’t Enough?
Not every air conditioner problem can be fixed easily with repairs — sometimes, your unit is simply too aged to repair easily, or the repairs are so extensive that it will cost as much as a new unit. In these cases, it’s time to talk about air conditioner replacements.
Generally speaking, you can expect an air conditioner to last 15 to 20 years with regular maintenance. Though after 10 years, you may already be seeing it fall behind in technology and efficiency — you’ll probably also need the occasional repair visit if you haven’t kept up with preventive maintenance.
When the time comes to upgrade or replace your unit, don’t worry. The team at SOS Xtreme Comfort will help you narrow down your options to a system that meets all of your needs, preferences, and constraints, remove your old system thoroughly, and install your new system so that it works perfectly to spec.
Want to find out more about air conditioner replacement or installation? Reach out to us today by contacting us online, or call us at one of our numbers:
Why Choose Us? What Makes Us Different?
SOS Xtreme Comfort started in 1934 in the midst of the Great Depression. Our founder, Murray Spiegel, knew hard work, attention to detail, a fair market price, and a reputation for value would lead to success.
Today, our core values remain true to our earliest days.
- Honesty. Encompassing the qualities of being fair and truthful while always conducting oneself with sincerity.
- Growth. Consistently increasing our customer base and revenue to provide even better service and new technology.
- Teamwork. Providing support for one another, working collectively, respecting one another’s views, and making the work environment fun and enjoyable. We recognize each other’s contributions and efforts.
- Positive Attitude. We exhibit an upbeat, happy demeanor and are happy to help others. We work toward and enhance a favorable business culture.
- Ownership. Taking ownership of our customers’ needs and being accountable for delivering friendly and professional service. We faithfully adhere to our commitments and obligations so that we can enhance the customer’s experience.
Ready to experience the SOS Xtreme Comfort difference? Call us or contact us online to schedule service or request additional information today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I replace my AC filters?
Check your owner’s manual for their recommendations, if possible. Changing your AC filter every one to three months is typical, depending upon how much you’re using the cooling system. A clogged filter can make your air conditioner work too hard to keep your house cool and reduce AC airflow. (If you notice reduced airflow in your home, check that filter — if it doesn’t help, then contact us for expert AC repairs.)
What is dual-zone AC?
A zoned air conditioning system is a wonderful comfort upgrade for your NY, NJ, or PA home. It can also save you money on your energy bills. Zoned cooling is accomplished with a system of dampers installed within your duct system, which direct conditioned air to the rooms you’re using, rather than cooling the whole home unnecessarily.
You can also set a different temperature for each zone, allowing each family member to comfortably control their environment. More complex zoning is available to suit your needs and the size and layout of your home.
How can I reduce my summer cooling costs in the NY area?
You can reduce your energy use by installing ceiling fans, shutting curtains on the sunny side of the house, and planting tall bushes or shade trees. Ensuring your AC always has a clean filter also helps, as does an annual air conditioner maintenance checkup, included free when you join our All Access Coverage Plan or the AC & Heat Pump Savings Plan.
What is a ductless mini-split?
A ductless mini-split system is a great solution for guesthouses, room additions, and homes without a duct system. The indoor unit doesn’t draw attention to itself, and you’ll only need a small hole in the wall for the conduit/hose to connect one or more in-room units to the outdoor component. You can essentially create a zoned AC system this way, too.